Edinburgh - 0131 228 2083
Glasgow - 0141 248 6552

McGill & Co is a Scottish immigration law firm specialising in UK immigration, nationality and refugee law.

  • Representative of an Overseas Business Visa

    You can apply to come to the UK as a representative of an overseas business if you are the sole representative of an overseas company planning to set up a UK branch, or a wholly owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company.

    This factsheet summarises the requirements for this type of visa and the evidence required.

    Representative of an overseas business visa english
  • Doing Business in the UK – Visa Routes

    There are various visas for doing business in the UK. This factsheet covers: the start-up and innovator visa, for people who would like to establish their own business in the UK; the sole representative of an overseas business visa, for those who would like to expand their overseas business in to the UK; the investor visa, for those looking to invest money in to a UK company; and the intra company transfer visa for which may be appropriate where there has been a cross border merger or acquisition.

    Business Flyer English
  • Sponsorship Compliance for Employers

    Through the sponsorship system, the Home Office entrusts employers with ensuring that immigration laws are complied with. As a licensed sponsor, the Home Office expect you to play your part in ensuring that the system is not abused.

    This includes reporting changes to the Home Office, keeping records, and actively managing your Sponsor Management System. This factsheet provides a broad overview of the main duties, and the consequences of non-compliance.

    UK Visa Sponsorship english
  • Employing Overseas Nationals

    Anyone who would like to employ someone who is not British or Irish needs to have a skilled worker sponsor licence. Once the licence is in place, an organisation can issue a certificate of sponsorship to enable an overseas national to apply for a skilled worker visa.

    This factsheet summarises the requirements of the skilled worker visa, and the associated costs.

    Employing Overseas english
  • Children and Their Rights to British Citizenship

    Children with a strong connection to the UK – either through birth here or having a British parent – can often apply to register as a British citizen.

    This factsheet summarises the circumstances in which this is possible.

    eea nat children

Call now

Subscribe to our Blog>


Average rating for Our Testimonials, McGill & Co is 4.99 Star of 5 stars - based on 113 Review

Make an enquiry

Please note this form is only for use of previous McGill & Co clients. For new enquiries, please contact Burness Paull via their website at www.burnesspaull.com

Please let us know your name.
Please let us know your email address.
Please enter a valid phone number
Please let us know the nature of your enquiry
Please let us know your message.
Invalid Input

Latest Tweets